Skip to main content

Show Me the Future

Today I asked tarot to show me the death of Mango Mussolini. I used The Wizard’s Tarot, which is loosely based on RWS but mostly just the artist’s whims. 

The Tower:

Either the death itself will be a catastrophic health failure, or the death will cause a crisis. Probably both. 

Eight of Cults (Pentacles):

This is one of the cards that diverges from RWS, and what I see here is shadow creatures and slime monsters escorting / welcoming him through the gates of hell. 

Ten of Swords:

This is a riff off of the RWS. Instead of showing the utter defeat of the ten swords plunged into a body, this is a street hawker fencing the swords. While the magas suffer, there will be some who profit from their loss. In the background we see a dragon retreating to its castle. This could symbolize the rabid racists or the oligarchy class going into hiding.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Literal Tarot

Taking a lesson from other tarot learners and practitioners, I wanted to pull a card of the day to set my intention. What does that mean? According to several Google search result summaries, it is the act of stating what you intend to accomplish through your actions. Mostly I accomplish scrolling through Instagram, daydreaming, chasing the dog away from the front window, drinking coffee - oh - and doing the work I'm being paid for. I don't intend  to be distracted all day, but my actions are distracted so I thought setting intention might help. As I shuffled I visualized my daydream come to life: new house on a chunk of property beyond the burbs; start up a home business that will eventually become more profitable than my day job; have enough to live on in retirement. Then I cut the deck to reveal Two of Pentacles. This tells me I'm successfully juggling multiple priorities... for now. I'm also getting caught up in day-to-day demands but losing sight of the big p...

Smells Like Tarot Spirit

  I’m the dork that like to do readings for dead rock heroes. Today I saw a video of Foo Fighters doing a ‘Teen Spirit’ version of Rick Astley’s ‘Never Gonna Give You Up’ and I was tickled pink by how much fun they were having. I wondered what Kurt would have thought and I was moved to pull a reading about it.  In the first two cards I can see the trajectory of his success: His creativity, ambition, risk-taking, and charisma was the embodiment of the Knight of Wands.  At the end of his life he had a spiritual crisis - represented by 5 Pents - where he felt creatively destitute. He felt like a fraud and thought everyone could see him failing.  In the end, the 6 Pents seem to say he feels joy seeing his band mates carry on, having fun, being successful, and forming personal connections with their audience.  What do you see?

How Can I Increase my Joy Today?

  4 of Wands: Joy Seriously?? 🙄😂